Often people ask me what to wear during a photoshoot, e.g. during an engagement shoot, on their big day when they are about to say “yes“ to spending the rest of their lives with the person of their dreams, during their honeymoon, or a simple portrait or family shooting.
My tips are:
- #1 – wear matching outfits!
in terms of style and colours, preferably do not mix more than 3 colours
- bride: midi or maxi dress, preferably avoid minidresses
best colours: off-white, nude pink/rose, burgundy, petrol, mink, mauve
- groom: a formal shirt with or without a tie is always a good idea, formal trousers or chinos, jacket is not a must, avoid shirts with prints
best colours for shirts: white or light grey, off-white/beige, burgundy, navy
best colours for trousers: dark grey, navy, petrol, burgundy, black, charcoal
Here some suggestions for nice dresses that will look great in your photos:
You can find elegant and beautiful prom dresses HERE.
They are perfectly suitable for photoshoots and can be worn to so many other events in your life.
They have different styles, from casual chic over elegant and extravagant to vintage and bohemian.
…and the best thing….they are good quality and affordable!
- blue dresses: dark or light, petrol, mint, &&&
- from nude pink over purple to red dresses: any shades, really
For portrait or fashion shoots, your imagination is free to go wild and choose any colours, including multi, subtle prints or black.
Check out this black prom dress
Great for pictures in cities or in the nature.